The Chapel of San Benito is a building located in the town of O Porriño, in the province of Pontevedra. It is a small chapel that was built at the request of Rodríguez, a philanthropist from Porriño, at the end of the 19th century. As a result of the increase in the population in the town, its construction was expanded in 1908.
The chapel presents a Baroque architectural style, with a façade decorated with moldings and topped with a belfry on which the bell is located. Inside we can find various artistic elements of great value such as the carving of San Benito or the main altarpiece dating from the 19th century.
The Chapel of San Benito is considered an important cultural and historical heritage of the town of O Porriño. A place of worship and pilgrimage for the residents of the area and its visitors. One of the highlights is the celebration of the local festivities. The festival of San Benito takes place on July 11 and brings together many faithful and visitors.
There are no comments on this social wall
© Copyright LA VOZ DE GALICIA S.A. Polígono de Sabón, Arteixo, A CORUÑA (ESPAÑA) Inscrita en el Registro Mercantil de A Coruña en el Tomo 2438 del Archivo, Sección General, a los folios 91 y siguientes, hoja C-2141. CIF: A-15000649