Capilla de la Magdalena

Point of interest en Arzúa

0 reviews
0
0
0

Capilla de la Magdalena

The Magdalena Chapel is located in Arzúa, more specifically on Rúa Cima do Lugar. The chapel is part of an Augustinian monastery and whose main function was none other than to welcome and help pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago.

The origins of the chapel date back to the 14th century, the time of the Archbishop of Compostela. In the 17th century, and placing us in the year 1692, the chapel and monastery would cease their activity due to the transfer of the community to Santiago de Compostela.

Of the entire monastery, only the chapel has been preserved to this day, although small parts belonging to the stone altarpiece (from the 16th century) and its various reforms over the years can be seen. It was not until 1984 when the chapel received a complete reform, becoming an exhibition hall since 2006.

As regards the interior of the building, the tombs of the Lord of the Pazo de Brates, Alonso de Muñiz, co-founder of the temple along with the friars, are preserved.

The weather in Arzúa

19/04/2024

clear sky

Location
Mapa de ubicación del punto de interes
Services
  • Police981500002
  • Local Police618881487
  • Protección Civil981500433
La Voz de Galicia La Voz de Asturias

Points of interest

Cities & Towns | Hostels | Lodgings | Restaurants | Saddlery | Doctors | Points of interest | Bikes workshop

Contact us | Privacy policy | Cookies policy | | Terms of use | Authorship | Web Map | Consentimiento

© Copyright LA VOZ DE GALICIA S.A. Polígono de Sabón, Arteixo, A CORUÑA (ESPAÑA) Inscrita en el Registro Mercantil de A Coruña en el Tomo 2438 del Archivo, Sección General, a los folios 91 y siguientes, hoja C-2141. CIF: A-15000649

Developed and managed by Hyliacom